Lawn Care Services
Lawn Care Services
Every GROWINGREEN program begins and is built around a soil test. Our proprietary blend of biologically-enhanced products focus on a roots first approach. We believe in taking care of the soil and then the soil will take care of the grass. We have different programs for different grass types. When we walk your property to assess your needs – we identify the grass type and consult with you about what program will work best for your lawn type.
Cool Season Lawn Care Program
Both cool and warm season grasses are grown in the Piedmont and Lake Norman areas of North Carolina. Cool Season grasses grow best in the spring and fall, may show signs of heat stress in the summer, and will remain green throughout most of the winter. Our Cool Season Program requires treatment about every 40-45 days.
- Tall Fescue is one of the most flexible, durable grasses available. Handling heat and drought better than other cool-season grasses and is traffic tolerant. Identifiable by its wide leaf blades that have equal-sized veins.
- Advantages – High Wear Tolerance, Heat & Drought Tolerance, Disease Resistant
- Disadvantages – Significant Water, Susceptible to Brown Patch
- Kentucky Bluegrass is deep green with a velvety texture and is traffic tolerant. Identifiable by its canoe-shaped leaf tip and prominent midrib (vein) that runs up the middle of the blade.
- Advantages – Spreads & Heals Itself, Cold & Drought Tolerance
- Disadvantages – Significant Water, Not Shade Tolerant
Warm Season Lawn Care Program
Warm Season grasses are slow to green-up in the spring, grow best in the summer, and go dormant in the winter. At GrowinGreen, we have vast knowledge of warm season turf. We have a great deal of knowledge on Bermuda and Zoysia which are becoming more popular for our customers in Burlington, Elon College and areas south of Greensboro (i.e., Lexington and Thomasville).
Our Warm Season Program calls for treatment February or March, May-August, and October.Our lawn applications will include a combination of the following at the appropriate time to keep your lawn in great health: pre-emergent, broadleaf weed control, biologically-enhanced fertilizers, bio-stimulant, winterizing fertilizer, lime, phosphorus or other products may be applied to promote a healthy root system.
- Bermuda is aggressive & durable and handles traffic & drought well. Identifiable by its coarse texture and aggressive above ground roots (stolons), it thrives in summer heat but can become invasive if not properly maintained.
- Advantages – Thrives in Heat, Drought & High Traffic Tolerant
- Disadvantages – Golden Color in Winter State, Poor Cold Tolerance, Hard to Kill
- Zoysia is the ‘Cadillac of Lawn Grass’ due to its dark green color, density, low growth habit, and higher price. This grass cannot be neglected for long periods of time and needs sun. If maintained properly can be the envy of any neighborhood.
- Advantages – High Wear, Heat & Drought Tolerance
- Disadvantages – Golden Color in Winter State, Slow to Establish, Medium-High Maintenance, Expensive
- Centipede is slow-growing but aggressive. Doesn’t require frequent mowing. Surface runners are easily controlled around borders. Doesn’t enter a true winter dormancy and is severely injured by intermittent cold and warm periods.
- Advantages – Low-maintenance, Shade & Drought Tolerance
- Disadvantages – Low Cold Tolerance, Slow to Establish, Maintenance Required
Our balanced fertilization, enriched with bio-nutrients, feeds the turf and makes it healthier, greener, and more capable of withstanding adverse conditions. These liquid and granular fertilizers are formulated for the soil conditions throughout the year.
Effective broadleaf weed control depends on several factors: temperature, humidity, and stage of growth. We attack the issue early and continue treating all year long. Many types of weeds can be difﬁcult to control and may require several treatments.
Pre-emergent and post-emergent are crucial for crabgrass control. This process must be started early in the growing season before the spring germination occurs. Clean-up applications can be effective but must be done well in advance of seeding.
GrowinGreen's service relies on a partnership between us, our customer and Mother Nature. GrowinGreen's treatment is guarateed for our full-season clients - if you are not 100% satisfied, please call us within 30 days and we will re-treat your property at NO additional charge. Your lawn is our business and your happiness is always our first priority.