Why Should You Aerate and Overseed Your Lawn In Fall?
Aeration and Fall Seeding are necessary to repair the wear and tear that summer fun inflicted on your lawn. Now is the best time to rejuvenate your turf for a lawn you can love and enjoy next spring.
September through mid-October is the perfect time to seed a new lawn or, overseed an existing one. The combination of warm days and cool nights with adequate moisture in the ground creates the ideal growing conditions for grass seed. Additionally, those warm-loving aggressive weeds are slow to germinate at this time of year so the little grass seedlings can flourish and get strong before winter arrives.
Benefits of Aeration and Overseeding are:
- Aeration loosens soil, reduces compaction – allows grass roots to reach deep for water.
- Aeration penetrates soil allowing water, air & food to reach the roots and be absorbed.
- Aeration enhances seed germination. Seeds germinate easily in aerator holes.
- Overseeding introduces new grass seed to fill-in thin areas and thicken existing turf.
- Overseeding builds resistance to insect damage and turf disease.
- Aeration and overseeding reduces weeds, which germinate in opportune weak areas so, a thick lawn is the best defense.
- Aeration and overseeding improves the beauty and enjoyment of the lawn.
If you have any questions about fall seeding and aeration – give us a call or learn more about our lawn aeration and seeding program.
To reserve your place in our schedule for this valuable service, call us today at 336-850-9166.